1 bunch Swiss Chard
1 to 1 1/2 pounds stew beef
2 qt beef stock
1/4 cup apple cider vineger
1. Wash the chard very well and cut into slivers, about 1/4" wide.
2. Parboil the chard in salted water for 2 - 5 minutes. Drain, rinse.
3. Brown the beef in a big soup pot. Use your choice of fat (butter, olive oil, etc)
4. Add the beef broth, vinegar and the rinsed chard.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, reduce to simmer, and allow to simmer for 15 to 30 minutes.
This would be awesome served w/ some cheese and/or sour cream on top. Crunchy bread would be great too.
I gotta say, I enjoyed the heck out of it. And the chard was locally grown.