Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Friday. I Should Put Up a Recipe

I just realized that I forgot to put up a recipe last week. I apologize, but life has decided to take us up in its twisted path, and throw us a curve ball.

So, since we are gonna have to tighten up the pocketbook, here's a recipe for going at it on the cheap.

I'm On a Budget Pasta Salad

1 16 oz box past of your choice
1 can tuna, drained*
1 package frozen vegetables, thawed
2 ounces of grated cheese
3 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled up
1/4 to 1/2 cup of mayonnaise

1. Cook the pasta and drain.
2. Add the tuna, vegetables and mayonnaise. Stir to mix well.
3. Top with cheese and bacon and serve.

*Oil or water? If you use oil, save some to use when you mix the salad together.

If you want to serve this warm, then put the veggies in the colander as you drain the pasta. This will warm up the vegetables. I like to use carrots, green beans and/or corn. But any vegetable will do.

You can use chicken, pepperoni, pork, fish, fake krab, whatever you have. It's a great way to use up leftovers.

We enjoy this, it is quick, fast and as nutrient packed as you choose. We use pasta in our house as "filler." That is, to make sure our meals fill us up, and we aren't left feeling hungry. When money is tight, the kids don't understand "we couldn't afford it" when it comes to dinner. They do understand that their bellies are full, and that Mom fixed them something with the best ingredient never mentioned, Love.

1 comment:

  1. I love cheap recipes!! I will be having a tag for this on my own blog, and often! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete