Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It's NOT Friday...but here's a quickie...

I realize I have neglected this site for a while. It's a combination of real life and being very upset with myself.

I am, hopefully, now on the right track. But here's a real quick recipe for you.

1 cup yogurt (vanilla is fine, but unflavored is what I use)
1/2 cup granola (I use homemade)
2 TBSP Honey
1/4 - 1/2 cup fruit

Mix it all up in a bowl. This serves one, and is quite filling. We add some protein powder for those who need the extra calories. Unflavored yogurt takes some getting used to. It is quite tart. So up the amount of honey, if you need to. I don't use 2 TBSP, but my husband called and said "That yogurt is NASTY." I told him to add more sugar!

1 comment:

  1. Stevia & Agave Nectar are great replacements for sugar & honey in my house (and they have a WAY lower glycemic index as well). Even my uber picky teenaged son doesn't complain! We have started experimenting with our own home made granola as well from the 365 crockpot blog. Its AWESOME:)

    ReplyDelete