Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mango-Pineapple Salsa

Wow. Um. Bad week. Really. For several of my friends. I'm gonna take my slip off the stairs, and go say that was child's play and fun compared to what my friends are going thru this week.

I promised I would put up the salsa recipe, so here it is.

Mango-Pineapple Salsa


1 mango, cut up
1/2 pineapple, peeled and cut up (core it if you REALLY wanna)
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped fine
2 jalapenos, chopped REALLY fine (to taste, aka if 2 is too much, don't use that much!)
1/2 large onion, chopped fine
juice of 1 or 2 limes
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped fine, seeded if you must
pinch of salt, if you want

Chop it up, mix it up. It's not hard, and it's not rocket science.

Variations


Substitute habenero pepper for the jalepeno.
I prefer RED onion, but there wasn't any to be had, so I used yellow onion.
The basic idea is to have a colorful, flavorful salsa there for you to eat.



I apologize for the abruptness of this one, but life is showing me that LIFE is important, and I need to go do some actual LIVING.

No comments:

Post a Comment