Fridays are not the best days for me to cook. First of all, it's payday, which means it's the day to shop. Which means not getting home until 9pm. Who wants to cook then? Not I. However the kids and the husband insist they must be fed dinner. What's a girl to do? I hit my basic ready-in-minutes meals. Here's one.
This recipe will cost a bit more than usual, as I generally pick up things that are already sliced, and ready to cook.
Friday Night Rush
16 oz package sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 pounds sliced beef or chicken
4 large baking potatoes
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
3 cloves garlic
1/2 to 1 soup can milk
1. Scrub potatoes, and cook them in the microwave (8 minutes, check them, and see where you are at.)
2. Saute the mushrooms in about 2 TBSP of butter. As they release their water, add some salt to season, not much more than a pinch.
3. Season the meat. I use lemon pepper, salt & pepper, sometimes garlic powder. Whatever you have.
4. Melt another 2 TBSP butter in another pan. Press the garlic into the melted butter and saute for a few minutes. Add meat, and saute until fully cooked.
5. In a sauce pan, put the can of soup, and milk. Warm it up, stirring it until the milk is fully incorporated. Add the cooked mushrooms.
6. To serve, put meat on plate, and put some of the mushroom sauce over it. Add baked potato, and whatever toppings you like. Add another side (sauteed bell peppers, steamed green beans, broccoli or whatever you like). Viola! Done. Usually takes me about 20 minutes to get it to the table.